Sister Lois Marie Blessing was a Baltimore native who was raised in St. Ursula Parish in Parkville, MD. She was the daughter of George A. and Marjorie F. (née McLean) Blessing.
She entered the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur in August 1957 and made her final vows in July 1965. She taught at St. Camillus School in Silver Spring, Montgomery County, and Little Flower in Great Mills in St. Mary's County, before returning to her home archdiocese. Sister Lois Marie taught at Our Lady of Perpetual Help School, Ilchester; St. Ursula School, Parkville; and Holy Trinity School, Glen Burnie. In 1976, she went to St. Louis School in Clarksville, and directed its after-school program from 1992 until her retirement in 2014.
Sister Lois entered eternal life at Hospice of Cincinnati in Cincinnati, Ohio, at the age of 83 on January 1, 2021. She was a Sister of Notre Dame de Namur for 64 years. She is survived by her loving and supportive brother David C. Blessing, her sister Mary L. Burns, and 15 nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her siblings Joyce Bartolomeo, Carl J. Blessing, and John (Jack) Blessing.
Sister Lois is buried at the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur's cemetery at Ilchester, Maryland.